Friday, May 22, 2009

white borsch (biały barszcz) - soup

Ingredients:
fresh pork kielbasa (about 2 lbs)
5 chopped garlic cloves
4 Bay Leaves
10 Whole black pepper
5 cans (4oz) of mushrooms with liquid
Citric Acid (about 1/2 ts.)

Preparation:
In a 4qt. pot with about 2-3 qts.of water add fresh pork kielbasa (about 2 lbs)
Bring to a boil, then add garlic, Bay Leaves, Whole black pepper, & mushrooms.
-------------
Reduce heat and simmer, cover for about 1 hr.
Add some Citric Acid (about 1/2 ts.)
Mix about about 1/3 cup of sour cream with about 2 Tbs. of flour, then slowly mix in sufficient water to this mixture so it is smooth and does not have any lumps. Pour into the soup while mixing the soup; bring to boil.

When my soup is done:
1. I discard peppercorns & bay leaves from my soup
2. I cut up my kielbasa & return it to the soup

No comments:

Post a Comment